(makes 1 loaf)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 teapoons flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/8 cup raw sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 – 4 Tablespoons milk or soy milk (optional if needed)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Blend flour, wheat germ, flax seed, salt, soda, powder, pie spice, and cinnamon well. In a separate bowl, blend eggs, oil, and vanilla. Stir in raw sugar and blend well.
Add egg mixturea to flour mixture until well blended. The dough will look a little dry.
Stir in zucchini well (this will moisturize the dough some). If necessary, add a little milk, 1 Tablespoon at a time. The dough should be thinner than cookie dough, but a somewhat thicker than cake batter.
Stir in walnuts and raisins, if desired.
Bake in large loaf pan that has been greased (or sprayed with Pam).
Bake at 325 degree for about 45 minutes, adding more time if needed. Toothpick inserted into center will come out clean when done.