Dehydrated vegetable flakes are a great way to sneak some extra health into your diet.
Some basic ideas:
– Sprinkle some into your ramen. Use a little extra water and let them boil for about 5-10 minutes before adding noodles and seasoning.
– Rehydrate by pouring boiling water, about 2x the amount of veggies, over the veggies and allow them to sit for 15 minutes to an hour.
– Add to meats in the slow cooker.
– Add to any soup that will be cooking for over an hour.
– Add to meatloaf
– Add to boxed pasta dishes – boil with your noodles or pasta
– Sprinkle over salad
Here are some other ideas:
Veggie Dip or Spread for Veggies and Crackers
1/3 cup dried veggies
1 cup water (omit if using sour cream)
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (omit if using sour cream)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
16 ounces tofu (or sour cream if you prefer)
1/2 BBQ Seasoning
1/8 teaspoon Organic Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon Organic Chives
- Mix Soup Blend, water, oil, and salt together and set aside.
- Place tofu in processor and process until very, very smooth. Pour into bowl. Add vegetable mixture, blending well. Add Bar-B-Quick and garlic powder, then fold in chives. Refrigerate.
- Taste after dip has been chilling for 4 hours. Spices may need to be adjusted to your taste. Add water for desired consistency.
Pot Pie (Meat or Veggie)
1 pound cooked and diced chicken or beef OR 2 cups diced cooked potatoes OR 2 cups cubed tofu
2 cups dried veggies
3/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons gravy mix
1 package biscuit dough, prepared as directed on package (or mashed potatoes)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 2- to 3-quart casserole dish combine chicken, vegetables, water and gravy mix. Slightly flatten biscuits and lay on mixture in casserole dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until biscuits are golden. Try mashed potatoes as an alternative for the crust.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and return to oven just long enough to melt.
Vegetable Breaded Chicken or Fish
1 cup dried vegetables
3/4 cup organic bread or cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 pounds chicken breasts or fish
3 or 4 egg whites
2 Tablespoons parmesan (optional)
- Grind Soup Vegetables in a blender or coffee grinder. Add bread crumbs. Add salt and pepper (or leave out and season to taste at end). Place in shallow bowl. If using parmesan, blend in.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat 3 or 4 egg whites in a shallow bowl. Wash chicken breasts in the egg mix, then transfer to the breading.
- Work the breading with your hands to get good coverage and gently place in a well-greased 3-quart casserole dish. Repeat with all the chicken and place in oven. Cook until completely done (30 to 40 minutes).
8 cups bread crumbs
2/3 cup dried vegetables
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons poultry seasoning
3 tablespoons bullion
5 cups water
1 cup of your favorite cheese for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except water in mixing bowl. Toss lightly and add water. Gently mix together then pour into lightly greased 3-to 4- quart casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
You can buy a small pack to try at Amazon at the link below. This one has potatoes in it and a bunch of other organic veggies, but other kinds are available too: