Don’t forget that we have a core set of additions that we use when something needs extra focus or help in clarifying a concept. We use various items from that list as needed, which I don’t mention here in our add-on list.
And we always fill out our journal and do our sign language practice.
For the Us Unit and Letter U, We Added:
The week that we studied the letter U, we were coming up on the holiday of Halloween. I know that some of us celebrate and some don’t and that’s ok! I cover how we celebrate here. But, with October coming to a close, our add-ons reflected this and the harvest season.
- Color by number scarecrow sheet. I have the printable pdf here.
- Read “Halloween – is it for Real?”
- Read the 10 Commandments and talked about them
- Painted wooden pumpkins that I bought at Dollar Tree
- Learned to make paper dolls
For the Dinosaur Unit and Letter D, We Added:
- Read Magic Treehouse #1 Dinosaurs
- Pumpkin Emotions Worksheet (pdf)
- Kinetic Sand Dino Dig
- Packed Halloween handout baggies together and talked about doing kind things for others to show them Jesus’s love.
- To make the clay dinosaur from our notes, we used Model Magic and googly eyes.